Wright County Sheriff's Deputy Charged with DWI | News
A Wright County Sheriff's deputy was charged with two counts related to driving while intoxicated.
Deputy Wesley John Holland, 49, was arrested Aug. 5 around 8:39 p.m.
According to the criminal complaint, Holland was driving a pickup truck at County Road 37 and Fenning Avenue in Monticello when he rear-ended a car. Troopers were called to the scene.
The man who was driving the car sustained a minor cut to his ear in the crash. There was also a baby in the car at the time of the crash.
While officers talked with Holland, they noticed a "moderate odor of an alcoholic beverage." They also noted that Holland had "watery, glassy, bloodshot eyes and an unsteady gate."
When asked how much he had to drink, Holland said he was at a golf tournament all day and had a few drinks there. He said when he left the tournament he went to the bar and had a few more drinks, according to the complaint.
Holland admitted that he was headed eastbound on County Road 37 when he rear-ended the car as it was stopped.
A preliminary breath test showed Holland's alcohol concentration at .115. He was arrested and taken to CentraCare Hospital in Monticello.
Holland was charged with one count of criminal vehicular operation and one count of operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol.
Holland faces up to one year and three months in jail and a $4,000 fine.
Calls from KSTP.com to the Wright County Sheriff's Department were not immediately returned.
Upcoming Events near Wright County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- New Outlet Mall in Eagan Sets Opening Date
- 635-Pound Lion Stays in Eden Prairie Yard, Misses his Church Debut
- Rep. John Kline Hosts 'Aging and Wellness Expo' for Seniors
- Sentencing of South St. Paul Man in Murder of Minn. National Guardsman Delayed
- West. St. Paul Students to Plant Trees at Schools, Homes Ahead of Earth Day
- Attorneys: Countless Children Put at Risk Under McDonough's Leadership of Church
- Portions of I-94 and Hwy 62/Crosstown Closed for Weekend
- Crews Expected to Search Again for Minn. Hikers Missing in Colo. Mountains
- New Stores to Open at Mall of America
- Thursday's Child: Former Foster Care Child Talks Success Story
- Severe Weather Awareness Week: Dave Dahl Talks Thunderstorms
- Minn. Dept. of Commerce Works to Protect Senior Citizens from Fraud
- 'Minnesota Nice' in Elk River Helps a Motorcyclist in the Ice
- 2 Acres Burn in Elk River Grass Fire, Officials Investigate Cause
- Bachmann Says She is 'Going to Different Perch'