Wright County Sheriff's Deputy Charged with DWI | News
A Wright County Sheriff's deputy was charged with two counts related to driving while intoxicated.
Deputy Wesley John Holland, 49, was arrested Aug. 5 around 8:39 p.m.
According to the criminal complaint, Holland was driving a pickup truck at County Road 37 and Fenning Avenue in Monticello when he rear-ended a car. Troopers were called to the scene.
The man who was driving the car sustained a minor cut to his ear in the crash. There was also a baby in the car at the time of the crash.
While officers talked with Holland, they noticed a "moderate odor of an alcoholic beverage." They also noted that Holland had "watery, glassy, bloodshot eyes and an unsteady gate."
When asked how much he had to drink, Holland said he was at a golf tournament all day and had a few drinks there. He said when he left the tournament he went to the bar and had a few more drinks, according to the complaint.
Holland admitted that he was headed eastbound on County Road 37 when he rear-ended the car as it was stopped.
A preliminary breath test showed Holland's alcohol concentration at .115. He was arrested and taken to CentraCare Hospital in Monticello.
Holland was charged with one count of criminal vehicular operation and one count of operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol.
Holland faces up to one year and three months in jail and a $4,000 fine.
Calls from KSTP.com to the Wright County Sheriff's Department were not immediately returned.
Upcoming Events near Wright County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Volunteers Needed to Beautify Spiral Bridge in South St. Paul
- Soldier Surprise: Mom Overjoyed on 5th Anniversary of Son's Death
- Apple Valley Man Charged with Stealing $113k from his own Youth Sports Association
- Finance Manager Accused of Stealing $113K from Rosemount Area Athletic Association
- Twin Cities Premium Outlets Announces 30 New Stores Ahead of Opening
- Semi Carrying Cheese Rolls Over in Monticello, Backs Up Traffic on I-94W
- Woman Run Over in City of Minnetonka Beach Dies, 1 Arrested
- Man Killed in N. Mpls. Shooting after Bus Fight, 1 Arrested
- 2 Men in Custody After Reported Robbery at Maple Grove CVS
- Most Wake Restrictions to be Lifted Friday on Lake Minnetonka
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand